With 2019 winding down, I am looking back on another year of writing books and editing other people’s books. It has been a great way to spend the year and it’s now a joy to look back at some of the books I worked on that have been published in 2019. Congratulations to all! Your books are inspiring.
For two, I provided some last-minute copy editing:
- Rhaya Celestyne’s novel, Going Nuts in Kaua’i: Love, Humor and Spirituality
- A memoir by CBC cameraman, Michael Varga (and Roxanne Davies) Inside View: The Eye Behind the Lens
For three, I first edited, and then provided typesetting services; not my thing. I will stick to editing (and writing, of course) from here on!
- Tricia Croyle’s guidebook to joy, Beyond Joy: A Journey into Freedom, Power, Wisdom and Well-Being
- Physiotherapist Rosalind Ferry’s self-help, The Posture Pain Fix: How to Fix Your Back, Neck and Other Postural Problems That Cause Pain in Your Body
- Life strategist, Dr. Geoff Pratt’s Is This All There Is? 7 Subtle Mind Shifts to Build Confidence, Courage, and Contentment
For seven, I provided full editorial services.
- Heart Led Living founder Sue Dumais’s The Evolution of the Ego: A Journey to Unwind Your Ego, Embrace Your Humanness and Embody Your Divinity
- Katy Ehrlich’s cookbook and café memoir, Katy’s Farmhouse Kitchen: Rural Recipes and Saucy Stories to Savour
- Nardagani founder Narda Pitkethly’s Nardagani: A Memoir – Finding Light in the Shadow of a Brother’s Disappearance
- Processed food addictionologist, Dr. Karren-Lee Raymond’s Processed Food Addict: Is This Me? Why You Can’t Stop Eating Junk Food and How to Permanently Break the Cycle of Yo-Yo Dieting, Bingeing, and Starving
- Sound frequency healer and pioneer Helena Reilly’s Quantum Sound Miracle iQube: 7 Quantum Hacks to Transform Your Healing Business
- Consumer guide by mental health professional, Jenny Simon, PhD, Do I Need a Therapist? A Consumer’s Guide to Navigating Mental Health Services
- Mehrnaz Massoudi’s first novel Never Without Love. Two more are written, edited, and on the publishing track.
A flash fiction story of mine, “Sombreness Sunlit,” was included in a beautiful anthology on Canada’s Group of Seven, edited by Karen Schauber. My story was nominated for The Journey Prize that was announced in August 2020. The Group of Seven Reimagined became the silver medallist of the Miramichi Reader’s “the very best” book awards in 2020
I have written two books that are coming out in 2020:
- Legacy of Trees: Purposeful Wandering in Vancouver’s Stanley Park with Heritage House Publishing of Victoria, on May 5, 2020, and
- EMPOWER Your Inner Author: You Can Write a Book. It’s a first-time author’s guidebook and I will be self-publishing it on Amazon, to encourage writers to become authors.
I send you end-of-year blessings and wish for you that writing will be a joy, now and always.