My first career was in the human health field as a physiotherapist and from there I became a writer—an author of a non-fiction book about the ranch where I lived. Later, I moved back into the human health field as a holistic healer, seeing health holistically, that is as a combination of physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health. The holistic and spiritual aspects of health are my passions these days, plus writing and editing.
In between my first and my present careers, I have been raising a family, growing food, preserving and cooking food, and writing about food, including how it is grown and raised. I have been training in many alternative healing modalities. I have been performing as a singer, musician, and actor; I’ve directed a few performances—a hat show in Washington State, several Christmas pageants and children’s plays in British Columbia, and a music hall in Australia. In 2006, I started building websites.
My background is varied:
- I am Senior Editor with Influence Publishing, a publishing house that, in their words, focuses on “titles that engage, empower, and inspire. Whether in the field of health and wellness, personal transformation, family and relationships, or business, Influence books change lives and influence the way people see the world.”
- My editorial services include book coaching, structural editing, substantive editing, copyediting, proofreading, index compilation, and production editing. Being well versed in the fields of alternative healing modalities, Western healing, spiritual and soul growth and counselling, psychic and spiritual arts, the near-death experience, other spiritually transformative events, metaphysics, and holistic nutrition, I edit the manuscripts of authors who are raising human consciousness.
- Some of the recent books I’ve edited are
- Judy Satori’s Sunshine Before the Dawn,
- Heart Led Living: When Hard Work Becomes Heart Work by Sue Dumais,
- Adoption Not an Option: A Métis Woman Torn from Her Family by Eugenea Couture,
- Timothy Doyle’s How to Play the Game of Life: Beginner’s Version and Intermediate Version. His “How to Play the Game of Life: Advanced Version” will be coming soon.
- Voodoo Shit for Men: Flex your Intuitive Muscle by Michèle Bisson-Somerville.
- Five-Inch Heels: When Women Step into Power and Success by Belynda Lee.
- Theo Fleury and Kim Barthel’s Conversations With a Rattlesnake: Raw and Honest Reflections on Healing and Trauma.
- I was a speaker at the first annual Death Picnic, organized by Dr. Marylene Kyriazis and Ross Waddell, Co-Founders of the Canadian Centre for Death Education. My topic was “Death as Mystery and Stepping Stone.” What a wonderful experience.
- I am co-leader of the Vancouver Chapter of IANDS (International Association for Near-Death Studies).
- I studied AIHCP’s Spiritual Counseling Certification and loved the course. It’s a wonderful program that covers such lightworker authors and their works as Ambika Wauters, Barbara Brennan, Barbara Y. Martin, Catherine Ponder, Doreen Virtue, Dr. Frederick Bailes, Dr. Judith Orloff, and Dr. Wayne Dyer.
- Jonathan Goldman’s straightforward books about sound healing intrigued me so much that I attended his Sound Healing Intensive in Colorado in 2013. What a fabulous program. I became further inspired and held an Earth Healing Day that fall, and shared much that I had learned from Jonathan and his wife Andi Goldman, plus his many other instructors.
- I have recently taken several one-day trainings, including Angel Card Reading with Doreen Virtue, spiritual doctor of psychology, and Alzheimer/Dementia Training with Karen Tyrell, CDP, CPCA, Dementia Consultant and Educator.
- I worked for a number of years as an Advanced Soul Realignment Practitioner™ (SRP™), having studied with Andrrea Hess of Soul Realignment™. Soul Realignment is a healing modality that
- helps you know yourself at Soul level,
- moves you forward more effectively and more quickly,
- clears the spiritual, mental, emotional, and physical blocks and restrictions that lie between where you are and where you want to be,
- helps you to integrate the changes into your subconscious, conscious, and superconscious, and
- aligns you with your highest path and purpose.
- I am an Advanced DNA ThetaHealing Practitioner™. Vianna Stibal developed this healing modality that heals, resolves and clears misbeliefs, downloads missing feelings, and allows me to witness the healing work that the Great Creator of All That Is carries out in my client.
- I am a Registered Holistic Nutritionist™ (RHN™), having trained at the Canadian School of Natural Nutrition, and graduated in June 2010. I am passionate about the benefits of living a holistic life, bringing together physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual health.
- I trained in Reiki Level I in 2009 with Barb Weston of Inner Focus.
- I transformed a lifelong interest in health foods into an understanding for natural dietary supplementation, running an online webstore.
- I successfully completed an alive Academy of Natural Health course in “Nutrition: Studies & Applications” in 2008.
- In 2007, I graduated from NOW University’s 7-Syndrome Healing, three courses that are based on the text resource, 7-Syndrome Healing, by Marcia Zimmerman, Clinical Nutritionist, & Jayson Kroner, Clinical Sport Nutritionist.
- For seven and a half years, I worked with Fisheries and Oceans Canada, researching and writing about Pacific fish and fish habitat.
- For five years, I worked with the Canadian Food Inspection Agency, researching and writing about food production, inspection, protection, and usage in Canada.
- My Communications degree from Simon Fraser University included psychology and kinesiology courses.
- For many years I lived on the land: in Canada, I lived on a cattle ranch; in Australia, I lived on a sheep and cattle property where I grew all the family’s vegetables, baked all our bread, and spun wool. There, I also gained a Meat Quality Assurance Officer certificate to assist with the export of fresh lamb – my earlier British training in human anatomy made the course much easier.
- For eight years, I researched and wrote Cattle Ranch, the history of Douglas Lake Cattle Company, Canada’s largest cattle company (half a million acres for a wintering herd of 10,000 head of cattle). The book was a Canadian best seller and a finalist in the Eaton’s book award of 1979.
- graduating in physiotherapy from Cardiff Royal Infirmary in Wales, I worked as a physiotherapist in both England and Canada during the 1960s and 1970s.
You can contact me by email.